Due to a system-wide technology update, we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We appreciate your patience with our operators during this time. Thank you for choosing Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Educational Opportunities - Microsurgery
Division of Plastic Surgery Conference (weekly):
- Indications: presentation of specific cases chosen by the fellow or resident from clinic or the operating room. This allows for discussion of the case, options for treatment, and technical pearls in the OR.
- Morbidity and Mortality: monthly discussion of morbidity and mortality from the plastic surgery service and how to optimize outcomes.
- Research: discussion of current state of research projects.
Department of Surgical Oncology Conference (weekly):
- Morbidity and Mortality: monthly discussion of morbidity and mortality from all surgical services including plastic surgery.
- Grand Rounds: given by each of the surgical fellows.
- Weekly Tumor Board: relevant multidisciplinary discussions for breast, head and neck, cutaneous malignancy/melanoma, and sarcoma.
Fellows are also encouraged to attend and present their research at regional and national meetings of professional medical associations (ASRM, ASPS, AAPS, Robert H. Ivy Society, NESPS and others).