The Immersion Science Program provides nearly all of its programming cost-free to participants. We are growing rapidly due to the enormous impact ISP has had on hundreds of middle and high school students in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. Opportunities to sponsor students and classrooms are available. Your support will provide authentic research training to diverse students who will contribute ideas and data to our ongoing efforts to identify dietary interventions to improve cancer treatment. Please contact us if you would like a named sponsorship.
Each winter, 16-20 high school students conduct professional level research on nutrient effects on cancer signaling. Their work is completely novel, and provides us with new insight into dietary supplements that alter the way a cell responds to cancer-causing genes.
- Diet-derived compounds for screening: $15-30
- Transportation via public transit for one student to participate in Winter ISP: $55
- Experimental needs of one student: $50-100 (average)
- Winter ISP Presentation Day: $25/student
Students who excel in ISP training programs are eligible for placement into research laboratories for the summer. Currently, we have support for up to 12 summer fellows each year. The demand continues to grow as more trainees enter the ISP pipeline, however. One of the incredible successes of ISP has been the return of many of our high school summer fellows as college students. Labs at Fox Chase have come to depend on these talented and well-trained students each summer, with 16% of ISP students already authors on scientific publications and more on the way. We welcome your sponsorship of ISP summer fellows at the high school or undergraduate level.
- Fellowship for high school student ISP fellow: $1875
- Fellowship for undergraduate ISP fellow: $4000
- Transportation for summer fellow: $96/month for two months= $192