Patient and Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) serves as a "voice" not only for patients who have received cancer treatment at Fox Chase Cancer Center, but their family members as well. The council is dedicated to strengthening collaboration between patients and family members and the health care team so as to enhance the Center's ability to deliver the highest standard of safe, comprehensive and compassionate health care.
PFAC is made up of 12 patients and family members, as well as key Fox Chase administrators and staff members, including a physician champion and representatives from administration, nursing, volunteers and strategic planning. The council is facilitated by patient or family co-chairs. Members and co-chairs serve two-year terms.
PFAC achieves these goals by:
- Providing information to administrative, clinical and research staff and faculty about the needs and concerns of patients and family members
- Working with staff and faculty to improve services that affect patients and family members
- Participating in the design of patient care areas
- Assisting in the planning of new patient-related programs
- Serving as a resource to the health care team and providing the patient and family perspective on a wide variety of patient-related and research issues, including patient safety, staff engagement, program planning, services and policies
For further information about the Patient and Family Advisory Council Program, call 215-728-4065 or email email@example.com.