Resource and Education Center
The Resource and Education Center (REC) is a patient and family learning center. We offer accurate information you can trust to all Fox Chase patients and their families, people at high-risk, staff, and the public.
Our staff is here to help you learn more about cancer risk, prevention, screening and treatment, like clinical trials. If you need support services, we can also refer you to other Fox Chase departments and programs or to local and national organizations.
REC resources include:
Health educators onsite to help you
Visitor computers with internet access and reviewed websites
Interactive computer programs and DVDs
MP3 players and iPads, brochures, books, fact sheets and newsletters on health and cancer-related topics
Information about other Fox Chase programs, like:
- My FoxChase Portal - REC staff can assist patients and family members to set-up an account. Through My Fox Chase, patients can communicate with their healthcare team, access lab results, and see upcoming appointments.
- Caring Bridge - Private patient-family websites that are free and secure.
- Risk Assessment Program
- Stress Management Program
- Tobacco Treatment Program
- Social Work Services
All materials and services are free of charge to REC visitors.
Four Locations at Fox Chase to Better Serve You
- Robert C. Young, MD, Pavilion, front lobby area by the glass mural wall (staffed by health educators)
- CRU waiting area of the Outpatient Department, just beyond the fireplace (staffed by health educators)
- Women's Cancer Center (unstaffed informational area)
- Fox Chase – Buckingham (unstaffed informational area)
Monday - Friday
9 am to 5 pm
You can also call us at 215-214-1618.
Email your questions to Recstaff@fccc.edu.