Due to a system-wide technology update, we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We appreciate your patience with our operators during this time. Thank you for choosing Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Goals and Objectives for Fellowship
- The modern management of male and female pelvic reconstructive and sexual health requires an in-depth knowledge not only of surgery but of imaging, biopsy techniques, pathology, endocrinology, radiology and basic science. The fellowship is designed to enhance the basic knowledge of the management of reconstructive and sexual health acquired by a urology trainee particularly in both surgical and non-surgical disciplines.
- Evaluate the clinical literature of reconstructive urology and sexual health in a critical fashion and make contributions to the field.
- Teach the specialty of male and female reconstructive urology and men’s health.
- Organize a multidisciplinary approach to the management of urology patients in need of a team-based approach to complex reconstructive scenarios that might call for the experiences of plastic surgery, colorectal surgery, and/or urologic oncology specialists.
The Reconstructive urology fellowship will enable the resident to acquire an advanced body of knowledge and level of skill in the management of male and female reconstructive urology and sexual health in order to assume a leadership role in teaching and research in the field. This will include:
- an understanding of the evaluation of male and female urethral stricture disease
- an understanding of the classification and evaluation of erectile dysfunction
- knowledge of the indications, techniques, and complications of radiographic evaluation of the urogenital organs
- the ability to counsel patients on treatment options for therapy for urethral/ureteral stricture disease, erectile dysfunction, male/female incontinence, and pelvic organ prolapse
- a comprehensive understanding of the evaluation of male/female urethral stricture, male/female sexual dysfunction, and male/female incontinence in an office based setting, including advanced diagnostic testing and office-based procedural management
- an understanding of the indications, complications, techniques, results and biology of reconstructive urology treatments/surgeries