Due to a system-wide technology update, we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We appreciate your patience with our operators during this time. Thank you for choosing Fox Chase Cancer Center.
About the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Program
Fox Chase is home to some of the nation’s top melanoma and skin cancer specialists and support staff–a multidisciplinary team of professionals who work together to diagnose and treat skin cancer and melanoma. This team includes physicians and oncology-certified nurses with specialty experience in skin cancer and melanoma, and meets regularly for tumor boards where patient cases and potential treatment options are reviewed.
Skin cancer and melanoma patients at Fox Chase benefit from the Center’s robust research program, with cutting-edge clinical trials offered in surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Fox Chase physicians and researchers are influential members of the National Cancer Institute’s NRG Oncology. The Center offers a number of clinical trials and novel treatments that patients with skin cancer and melanoma may not otherwise have access to elsewhere.
Skin cancer and melanoma care at Fox Chase focuses on the multidisciplinary care of the following conditions:
- Skin Cancer (All types)
- Basal cell skin cancer
- Squamous cell skin
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Atypical fibroxanthoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
- Primary cutaneous lymphoma
- Kaposi’s sarcoma
- Melanoma (All types)
- Cutaneous melanoma
- Mucosal melanoma
- Melanoma of unknown primary
- Occular melanoma
Our Treatment Approach
Fox Chase offers a wide range of treatment options for individuals with skin cancer and melanoma, including a number of clinical trials not found at most hospitals. Our multidisciplinary care for skin cancer and melanoma is provided through our clinical departments:
- Clinical Genetics – The risk assessment program provides genetic testing, counseling and cancer-risk reduction services for individuals and their family members who are at risk for skin cancer and melanoma.
- Diagnostic Imaging – The diagnostic imaging team includes board-certified radiologists, nurses and technologists who expertly and compassionately guide patients through the entire imaging process.
- Hematology/Oncology – Medical oncologists at Fox Chase specialize in systemic therapies that are both currently available and also under investigation through clinical trials.
- Medicine – Fox Chase recognizes the importance of treating all medical problems our patients face, in addition to cancer. Our department of medicine includes some of the best physicians in the country specializing in endocrinology, dermatology, gastroenterology, internal medicine, physical medicine, psychiatry and pulmonary medicine.
- Pathology – The philosophy of the department of pathology is to provide high quality diagnostic service to foster the clinical and research missions of Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- Radiation Oncology – Radiation therapists and physicists use innovative methods to provide tailored radiation therapy.
- Surgical Oncology – Our thoracic surgeons are highly skilled in the latest surgical approaches for the treatment of skin cancer and melanoma including reconstructive surgery, isolated limb infusion and Mohs surgery.
Additional aspects of our program to provide complete care for skin cancer and melanoma patients include:
- Skin cancer screening
- Melanoma nurse navigators
- Support and survivorship
- Pain and palliative care program