Fox Chase is home to some of the nation’s top breast oncology specialists and support staff – a multidisciplinary team of professionals who work together to diagnose and treat breast abnormalities and breast cancer. This team includes physicians and oncology-certified nurses with specialty experience in breast cancer, and meets regularly for tumor boards where patient cases and potential treatment options are reviewed.
Breast cancer patients at Fox Chase benefit from the center’s robust research program, with cutting-edge clinical trials offered in surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Fox Chase physicians and researchers are influential members of the National Cancer Institute’s NRG Oncology. Fox Chase offers a number of clinical trials and novel treatments that patients with breast cancer may not otherwise have access to elsewhere.
Fox Chase doctors have extensive experience in treating both benign breast disease and breast cancer. Breast cancer care at Fox Chase Cancer Center focuses on the multidisciplinary care of the following conditions:
- Ductal carcinoma
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Lobular carcinoma
- Recurrent breast cancer
- Triple negative breast cancer
Our Treatment Approach
Fox Chase offers a wide range of treatment options for individuals with breast cancer, including a number of clinical trials not found at most hospitals. Our multidisciplinary care for breast cancer is provided through our clinical departments:
- Clinical Genetics – The risk assessment program provides genetic testing, counseling and cancer-risk reduction services for individuals and their family members who are at risk for breast cancer.
- Diagnostic Imaging – The diagnostic imaging team includes board-certified radiologists, nurses and technologists who expertly and compassionately guide patients through the entire imaging process.
- Hematology/Oncology – Medical oncologists at Fox Chase specialize in systemic therapies that are both currently available and also under investigation through clinical trials.
- Medicine – Fox Chase recognizes the importance of treating all the medical problems our patients face, in addition to cancer. Our department of medicine includes some of the best physicians in the country specializing in endocrinology, dermatology, gastroenterology, internal medicine, physical medicine, psychiatry, and pulmonary medicine.
- Pathology – The philosophy of the department of pathology is to provide high quality diagnostic service to foster the clinical and research missions of Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- Radiation Oncology – Radiation therapists and physicists use innovative methods to provide tailored radiation therapy.
- Surgical Oncology – Breast oncologists are highly skilled in the latest surgical approaches for the treatment of breast cancer. Our plastic and reconstructive surgeons are board-certified in plastic surgery and specialize in restoring appearance and function for patients with breast cancer.
In addition, there are additional aspects of our program to provide complete care for patients with breast cancer.
- Breast cancer screening program
- Breast cancer nurse navigators
- Women’s menopausal and sexual health program
- Survivor clinics
- Pain and palliative care program
See a listing of all of our support services.