Fox Chase is home to some of the nation’s top gynecologic cancer specialists and support staff–a multidisciplinary team of professionals who work together to diagnose and treat the full range of cancers that affect the female reproductive system. This team includes physicians and oncology-certified nurses with specialty experience in gynecologic cancer, and meets regularly for tumor boards where patient cases and potential treatment options are reviewed.
Gynecologic cancer patients at Fox Chase benefit from the Center’s robust research program, with cutting-edge clinical trials offered in surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Fox Chase physicians and researchers are influential members of the National Cancer Institute’s NRG Oncology. Fox Chase offers a number of clinical trials and novel treatments that patients with gynecological cancers may not otherwise have access to elsewhere.
Gynecologic cancer care at Fox Chase Cancer Center focuses on the multidisciplinary care of the following conditions:
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial (uterine) cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD)
- Ovarian & primary peritoneal cancer
- Pre-invasive & precancerous lesions
- Uterine sarcoma
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
Our Treatment Approach
Fox Chase offers a wide range of treatment options for women with gynecologic cancers, including a number of clinical trials not found at most hospitals.
Our multidisciplinary care for gynecologic cancer is provided through our clinical departments:
- Clinical Genetics – The risk assessment program provides genetic testing, counseling and cancer-risk reduction services for women and their family members who are at risk for gynecologic cancers.
- Diagnostic Imaging – The diagnostic imaging team includes board-certified radiologists, nurses and technologists who expertly and compassionately guide patients through the entire imaging process.
- Hematology/Oncology – Medical oncologists at Fox Chase specialize in systemic therapies that are both currently available and also under investigation through clinical trials.
- Medicine – Fox Chase recognizes the importance of treating all the medical problems our patients face, in addition to cancer. Our department of medicine includes some of the best physicians in the country specializing in endocrinology, dermatology, gastroenterology, internal medicine, physical medicine, psychiatry, and pulmonary medicine.
- Pathology – The philosophy of the department of pathology is to provide high quality diagnostic service to foster the clinical and research missions of Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- Radiation Oncology – Radiation therapists and physicists use innovative methods to provide tailored radiation therapy.
- Surgical Oncology – Gynecologic oncologists are highly skilled in the latest surgical approaches for the treatment of gynecologic cancers. Our plastic and reconstructive surgeons perform procedures to restore anatomy and retain function.
Additional aspects of our program to provide complete care for gynecologic cancer patients include:
- Women’s menopausal and sexual health program
- Fertility preservation
- Gynecologic oncology nurse navigators
- Support Group
- Survivor clinics
- Pain and palliative care program