Due to a system-wide technology update, we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We appreciate your patience with our operators during this time. Thank you for choosing Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Key Questions For Your Care Team
Finishing cancer treatment marks the start of an exciting new chapter in your life. Although you and your loved ones may be experiencing relief, hope and joy, it is very normal to also feel uncertainty about how to stay on top of your health and what the future might hold.
As you move into a survivorship clinic after treatment, think about asking your doctor or Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) these common questions about your next steps and follow-up care:
About My Cancer and Health
- When can I consider myself fully cured?
- What symptoms should I be looking for?
- Who do I talk to if I develop these symptoms?
- What tests do I need after treatment is over, and how often?
- How will my care change now that my treatment is over?
- How will my cancer treatment affect my health long term?
About Practical Concerns
- What do I need to tell other doctors about my cancer treatment?
- Will it be more difficult to get health insurance after getting cancer?
- How can my loved ones and I deal with anxiety about my cancer coming back?
- Is there a counselor I can talk to, or an online or in-person support group you can suggest?