Recognizing the need for spiritual support as part of total patient care, the main objective of the Pastoral Care Service is to foster a compassionate presence, provide spiritual and emotional support and encourage hope.
Scope of Services
- Serves as a liaison between the hospital and Interfaith Visiting Community Clergy, who are available to visit those patients from their own faith backgrounds upon request.
- Provides special holiday prayer services for patients, families and staff.
- Offers a Spiritual Resource Library, which includes musical and inspirational CDs, DVDs and audiotapes, as well as spiritual videos on the Hospital Instant Healthline Video On-Demand System (Channels 28-30). A folder containing all the above information, as well as a Bible, can be found in every patient’s room.
- Sustains a close relationship with dedicated young individuals, who participate in joint fundraising efforts that directly benefit patient comfort care.
- The Sautter Family and Elliott-Lewis Corp. Chapel is available to patients, families and staff for prayer and meditation.
The Pastoral Care office (C-300 H) is located on the third floor of the Center Building, next to the Talbot Library, and can be reached by calling 215-728-2944.