When You Are Discharged
- Ask for a paper document that highlights all of the important information in your discharge instructions.
- Talk with your caregiver about your daily routine, including:
- The times you take your medicines
- The times you wake up and go to sleep
- The times you like to bathe or shower
- Your exercise routine
- Use your own system (paper or electronic) to record important discharge and follow-up instructions.
- Check that you have your follow-up appointment paper and your discharge medication paper with your next dose times completed by your care team.