- Ask for a paper document that highlights all of the important information in your discharge instructions.
- Talk with your caregiver about your daily routine, including:
- The times you take your medicines
- The times you wake up and go to sleep
- The times you like to bathe or shower
- Your exercise routine
- Use your own system (paper or electronic) to record important discharge and follow-up instructions.
- Check that you have your follow-up appointment paper and your discharge medication paper with your next dose times completed by your care team.
To decide the best care for you, your doctor may suggest other tests or procedures. He/she may also send you to other clinicians at Fox Chase. A member of your care team will talk to you about follow-up care and help you plan any future visits.
We offer several ways to communicate with your care team in-between visits including a dedicated phone line, myTempleHealth (formerly myFoxChase) and our Direct Referral Unit (DRU) for medical emergencies. We also have a dedicated scheduling phone line for returning patients.
The Fox Chase Cancer Center Pharmacy is open 9-6 weekdays, for Fox Chase patients who have a prescription from a Fox Chase provider as part of their cancer treatment plan.