Standard Hours of Operation
- Dedicated operator sorters: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (although flexible)
- User-operated analyzers and FACSMelody sorter: 24/7 access
- All Cancer Center members have access to the CSF. CSF users request instrument time through a networked FCCC web-based sign-up calendar application (http://facs.fccc.edu/) on a first-come, first-served basis. Cancer Center members with peer-reviewed funding are provided priority status in situations where a conflict exists.
- Users of the analysis-only instruments also sign up on a first-come first-served basis, but scheduling is more flexible as a dedicated operator is not required. These instruments are standardized every morning by the operator.
- Consultation appointments can be scheduled with the Facility Co-Directors to discuss the scope of work.
- User data are recorded on a centralized Flow-LIMS computer system and accessible to users via intranet-linked computers in their laboratories.
- In addition, an automated facility billing system is utilized. The automated billing system provides users a detailed accounting of their monthly use.
A web-based calendar can be accessed by Cancer Center members to schedule time for each of the flow cytometer analyzers or sorting on the BD Aria II machines.
The Flow-LIMS is a Linux-based web-interface software system that has provided dedicated cataloging and long-term storage of flow cytometry data at Fox Chase since 1987. Investigators can access the data for analysis on their own computers through the local intranet.