Fox Chase-Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Fox Chase Cancer Center physicians and Temple Health staff provide bone marrow and stem cell transplantation to improve long-term outcomes for patients with blood cancers and other blood-related disorders. Our board-certified hematologic oncologists perform more than 100 blood and bone marrow transplants a year. That number continues to rise, as we recently opened a new 11,500-square-foot outpatient clinic. The state-of-the-art facility occupies the entire fifth floor of the Patient Care Center at Jeanes Hospital.
Our physicians and nurses provide both inpatient and outpatient services, thereby streamlining the transplant process. We offer allogeneic, autologous, and haploidentical transplantation. The type of transplant you receive is determined by your diagnosis, stage of disease, overall health, and age.
Every member of our team is specially trained in blood and bone marrow transplantation and has extensive experience in managing all transplant types. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for you by addressing every aspect of your physical and psychological
Why choose Fox Chase-Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program?
- Fox Chase earned the highest designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention, and education.
- Our physicians have performed nearly 1,700 bone marrow and stem cell transplants since the Program began. This includes about 1,140 autologous and 560 allogeneic stem cell transplants.
- Our Program is one of only three institutions in the country to provide bloodless transplant procedures for patients who request this complex technique.
- Patients in need of transplants are not denied treatment due to age. Nearly one quarter of our patients are over the age of 65.
- Temple University Hospital earned the status of a “Blue Distinction Center for Transplants” by IBC in 2015 in recognition of the Fox Chase-Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program’s expertise in performing adult bone marrow transplants.
- Our Program is fully accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)—the gold standard of excellence for blood and bone marrow transplant programs in the United States—and the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP).
- We actively participate in research from our own institutions, the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group and the Bone Marrow Clinical Trials Network (BMT-CTN). Our researchers work collaboratively to bring the most promising discoveries from the laboratory into the clinical setting, where they can directly impact patients.
- Our multidisciplinary approach to care allows patients to benefit from the opinions of many experienced physicians, not just one. We work closely in developing care plans to meet the specific needs of each patient and meet regularly to discuss patient progress.
- We offer patients, their caregivers, and family a wide range of support services to address the emotional, physical, and social challenges that often go along with bone marrow transplantation.
All hospital services are provided by Temple University Hospital.
The Fox Chase-Temple Bone Marrow Transplant Program is fully accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and a participating provider in the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP).
Temple University Hospital earned the status of a “Blue Distinction Center for Transplants” by Blue Cross Blue Shield, in recognition of the Fox Chase-Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program’s expertise in performing adult bone marrow transplants.