Rohit Kumar, MD
- Request Appointment
- Clinical Locations
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Research Profile
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care
I often tell my kids “We are a Team” and like to extend the same philosophy to my patients. I realize that illness does not just affect an individual, but the whole family. In my daily encounters, I try best to address what concerns patients most, besides also treating their symptoms.
I feel fortunate to have joined a team of colleagues at Fox Chase Cancer Center who share my thoughts and enthusiasm for challenging difficult disease conditions. While I am most interested in lung cancer, I like to think of my self as a comprehensive pulmonologist, eager to diagnose and manage a vast variety of pulmonary conditions including sarcoidosis, COPD, asthma and pulmonary infections.
Most recently, I have become especially interested in early detection of lung cancer with low dose CT scanning, and am working on building effective models to implement and further study comprehensive screening. I am excited to join Fox Chase as it gives me the opportunity to collaborate closely with researchers working on other modalities to further enhance early lung cancer detection.
I hope to work along with you in any way to help facilitate your goals and relieve suffering. I look forward to long lasting relationships.
- Fellow, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2007-2010
- Resident, Internal Medicine, Graduate Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2003-2006
- Resident, Pulmonary Medicine, V.P. Chest Institute, University of Delhi, India, 2002
- MD, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi, India, 1999
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
- Lung Cancer Screening Panel
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Interventional Pulmonary Network
- Laennec Society of Philadelphia
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Best Case Report. ACCP., Pulmonary Talc Granulomatosis in HIV, 2012
- Golden Stethoscope Award – Nominated by Drexel, University students for Best teacher, 2006
- Annual ACP Medical Jeopardy Competition, Pennsylvania Chapter, 2005
- Lung Cancer Screening: Implementing effective screening models
- Role of Bronchoscopy in Bone Marrow Transplant recipients
Puchalski J, Lee HJ, Kumar R, et al. Secondary Carina Y stent Placement for Post Lung Transplant Bronchial Stenosis. Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology; April 2012, p 109-114.
Intenzo C, Donuru A, Kumar R, et al. Does a Decrease in SUVmax in Dual-Point FDG-PET/CT Imaging Reliably Exclude Malignancy of a Solitary Pulmonary Nodule (SPN)? RSNA 2011
Lee HJ, Kumar R, Haas A, et al. Comparison of two techniques for airway lidocaine administration during endobronchial ultrasound. Chest 2009; 136 (Suppl): pending publication.