Gary Cohen, MD
- Request Appointment
- Clinical Locations
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Patient Stories
- Research Profile
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Chief, Interventional Radiology
Chief, Section of Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Temple University Health Science Center
Vice Chairman, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Temple University Hospital and Temple East
Professor of Vascular/Interventional Radiology, Temple University Health Sciences Center and Lewis Katz School of Medicine
Chief of Service, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Temple University Hospital
Medical Director, Department Diagnostic Imaging, Temple University Hospital
Interventional Oncology, Microwave, Cryo Ablation. TIPS, y90 therapies. Vascular Intervention & Stenting
- Fellow, Vascular/Interventional Radiology, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1991-1993
- Resident, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1988 - 1992
- Chief Resident, Radiology, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1990 - 1991
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1988
- American Board of Radiology
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomat
- American College of Radiology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Philadelphia Angiography Society
- Co-Chairman, Program Committee of Philadelphia Angiography Society 1995-1996
Honors & Awards
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors Vascular/Interventional Radiology, 2004-2009, 2013-2014 , 2016
Larrick Stapleton has been fighting cancer for over 35 years. His first cancer surgery was in 1977 near Philadelphia, where an intestinal tumor the size of a lemon was diagnosed as a leiomyosarcoma. In 1998, Larrick had an unexplained severe weight loss as well as a growth in his lower abdomen that could be readily felt to the touch. He was subsequently evaluated and was diagnosed with stage 4 intestinal cancer.
Liver Cancer, y90, Ablation Therapies
Lapin EP, Cohen GS, et al: Unilateral Dopaminergic Lesions Impair Cognitive Spatial Behavior in the Rat. "Eighth International Symposium on Parkinson's Disease", pp. 131, 1985.
Lapin EP, Maker HS, Cohen GS, et al. Interaction of Nicotine With Rat Brain Dopamine Neurons. "Transactions of the American Society For Neurochemistry", 16:133, 1985.
Lapin EP, Maker HS, Cohen GS, et al.: Impairment of Cognition by a Unilateral Dopaminergic Lesion. "Transaction of The American Society For Neurochemistry, 17:244, 1986.
Lapin EP, et al., with acknowledgement of Cohen GS: Dopamine-like Action of Nicotine: Lack of Tolerance and Reverse Tolerance, Brain Research, 407:351-363, 1987.
Miller JA, Cohen GS, Warshaw R, Kilburn K: Choice (CRT) and simple reaction times (SRT) compared in laboratory technicians: factors influencing reaction and a predictive model. Am J Ind Med 19:687-697, 1989.
Cohen GS, Ball, DS: Delayed Migration of Wallstent After TIPSS Procedure: Relocation with a Loop Snare. JVIR, 4:561-563, 1993.
Comerota AJ, Cohen GS: Overview of Thrombolytic Therapy in Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease: Mechanisms of Action and Drugs Available. Canadian Journal of Radiology, 36:4, 1993.
Flynn DE, Caroline DF, Gembala RB, Ball DS, Radecki PD, Cohen GS: "Urinoma Secondary to Surgical Spinal Fusion: Radiologic Diagnosis and Treatment. Abdom Imaging, 18:292-294, 1993.
Cohen GS, Radecki PD, Ball DS, Gembala RB: Sonographic Appearance of Gas Containing Inferior Vena Cava Thrombus: J. Ultrasound Med 13:222-224, 1994.
Cohen GS, Ball DS, Wurzel J, et al. Peliosis Hepatis Mimicking Hepatic Abscess: Fatal Outcome Following Percutaneous Drainage: JVIR, 5:643-645, 1994.