Pulmonologists are highly specialized physicians who focus on the health of the respiratory system. The lungs, upper airways, thoracic cavity, and chest wall are all part of the respiratory system.
Pulmonologists at Fox Chase diagnose and treat cancers involving the respiratory system. They are an important part of the multidisciplinary care teams for patients who have cancers that affect these areas.
Pulmonologists at Fox Chase Are Involved in the Entire Arc of Cancer Care
- Diagnosing, staging, and treating lung cancer and lung metastases that arise elsewhere.
- Conducting specialized exams and tests to guide diagnosis and treatment.
- Interventional pulmonologists use endoscopy and other minimally invasive tools to diagnose and treat lung and chest conditions.
- Managing conditions such as fluid in the lungs or blockage of the airways.
- Treating respiratory diseases including infections and emphysema.
- Monitoring respiratory issues throughout the patient journey.
- Addressing sleep and fatigue issues.
- Preventing respiratory diseases through lung cancer screening and smoking cessation programs.
Why Choose Fox Chase?
- Fox Chase has the highest designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention and education.
- Our highly experienced multidisciplinary teams optimize and individualize patient care.
- Fox Chase provides the best diagnostic and therapeutic options for our patients, applying the latest technology and medical advances.
- A multidisciplinary care team is dedicated to the care of each patient. For lung conditions, the team often includes members of our medical oncology, pulmonology, thoracic surgery, nursing, and pathology departments.
- Every case is reviewed and discussed by our multidisciplinary tumor board. This approach is designed to optimize the treatment plan because it allows many doctors to review a case all at once.
- We help you get evaluated as soon as the next business day.