von Hippel-Lindau syndrome (VHL) is a rare hereditary cancer syndrome associated with
- A specific type of kidney cancer called clear cell renal cell carcinoma
- Kidney cysts or pancreatic cysts
- Hemangioblastomas, or blood vessel tumors of the brain, spinal cord, and eye. Eye tumors are called retinal angiomas.
- A tumor of the adrenal gland called pheochromocytoma
- Noncancerous tumors near a man's testicles called epididymal cystadenomas
- Noncancerous tumors of the ear called endolymphatic sac tumors that may cause hearing loss