Due to a system-wide technology update, we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We appreciate your patience with our operators during this time. Thank you for choosing Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Kidney cancer syndromes
von Hippel-Lindau syndrome (VHL) is a rare hereditary cancer syndrome associated with
- A specific type of kidney cancer called clear cell renal cell carcinoma
- Kidney cysts or pancreatic cysts
- Hemangioblastomas, or blood vessel tumors of the brain, spinal cord, and eye. Eye tumors are called retinal angiomas.
- A tumor of the adrenal gland called pheochromocytoma
- Noncancerous tumors near a man's testicles called epididymal cystadenomas
- Noncancerous tumors of the ear called endolymphatic sac tumors that may cause hearing loss