To ensure the accuracy of our patient satisfaction scores, we require that providers who see patients receive
a minimum number of completed patient-submitted surveys before their reviews are listed on their profiles.
Star ratings on this site are collected on a rolling basis from the previous 12 months.
Additionally, some of the physicians listed on our site do not see patients directly, and therefore, do not receive
evaluation and ratings from patients.
Endocrine tumors, paraneoplastic endocrine disorders, endocrine effects of cancer treatment, skeletal health in cancer patients and fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid
Patients with endocrine tumors and endocrine complications of cancer treatment provide a unique opportunity to explore the relationship between endocrine system and malignant tumors. Working in collaboration to provide comprehensive treatment to patients with rare endocrine disorders is equally challenging and rewarding. A team-based approach integrated with cutting edge clinical care is an incredible experience for both patients and care givers.
1995-2000 King Edward Medical School (Lahore, Pakistan); M.B.,B.S. (honors) 2000-2001 House Physician, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lady Willingdon Hospital (Lahore, Pakistan) 2004-2007 Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine (St. Louis, MO) 2008-2010 Clinical Fellowship, Diabetes and Metabolism Joint Fellowship Program, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine with Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX)
• Texas (2007), Pennsylvania (2010), New Jersey (2011)
• Internal Medicine (2007, 2022)
• Internal Medicine, Diabetes Endocrinology and Metabolism Subspecialty (2010, 2020)
• Clinical Densitometry (2011)
• Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound (2012)
• Patient Safety Specialization by Johns Hopkins University on Coursera (2021)
• Design and interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University on Coursera (2021)
• Biostatistics in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University on Coursera (2021)
• Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-analysis by Johns Hopkins University on Coursera (2022)
• Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certifications (2022)
• American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (2009-2021)
• Endocrine Society (2009-2021)
• Philadelphia Endocrine Society (2010-2020)
Honors & Awards
• Finalist, Cyrus Scholar Research Award at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX), 2010
• Fellow of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, 2014.
Endocrine tumors, paraneoplastic endocrine disorders, endocrine effects of cancer treatment and skeletal health in cancer patients.
Khan MI, Habra MA, McCutcheon IE, Nogueras-González GM, Devin JK, Busaidy NL, Levine NB, Lindstrom W, Kagan D, Jimenez C, Waguespack SG. Random postoperative day-3 cortisol concentration as a predictor of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis integrity after transsphenoidal surgery. Endocr Pract. 2011 Sep 1;17(5):717-26.
Khan MI, Waguespack SG, Habra MA, Broaddus R, Jimenez C. Acute-onset ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone syndrome secondary to metastatic endometrioid carcinoma of the ovaries as a fatal complication. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Jun 1;29(16):e462-4.
Khan MI, Waguespack SG, Aloi TA, Grubbs EG, Habra MA. De Novo Development of a Cortisol-Producing Adrenocortical Carcinoma in a Patient with Primary Adrenal Insufficiency. AACE Clinical Case Reports: Spring 2017, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. e162-e165.
Khan MI, Clayman GL, Waguespack SG. MTC Metastatic to a Retropharyngeal Lymph Node/Node of Rouvière. Endocr Pract. 2017, 23(9):1160. Visual Vignette
Invited Review Articles and Book Chapters
Khan MI, Waguespack SG, Hu MI. Medical management of postsurgical hypoparathyroidism. Endocr Pract. 2011 Mar-Apr;17 Suppl 1:18-25. Review
Khan MI, Laufgraben MJ. Molecular Markers in Thyroid Cytology: Diagnostic and Prognostic Implications. Expert Rev Endocrinol Metab. 2013; (8)5: 439-448. Review
Khan MI and Laufgraben, MJ. Non-Thyroid Illness syndrome. Tarascon Adult Endocrinology Pocketbook. Jones & Bartlett Learning, First Edition, 2013.
Khan MI, Dellinger RP, Waguespack SG. Electrolyte disturbances in cancer patients: an endocrine perspective. J Intensive Care Med. 2018; 33 (3) 147-158. Review
The following ratings and reviews are based on verified feedback collected from independently administered
patient experience surveys. The ratings and comments submitted by patients reflect their own views and opinions.
Patient identities are withheld to ensure confidentiality and privacy.
Learn more about our Patient Experience Ratings.