Kristin K.G. Krauss, MD
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Vice-Chief, Performance Improvement, Campus Anesthesia
Thoracic and Cardiac Anesthesiology; Adults Survivors of Congenital Heart Disease
Following my fellowship training, I spent several years on staff in the Cardiac Anesthesia Division at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. In 2003, I joined the department of anesthesiology at Fox Chase in search of new professional challenges.
The practice of anesthesia is an exciting privilege. The opportunity to meet and care for patients at some of the most difficult times in their lives, and see them through these experiences drives my passion to make each anesthetic the perfect anesthetic.
In a cancer hospital, the practice of anesthesia presents a special set of challenges and opportunities. Our practice focuses on minimizing risk factors and providing the safest care possible, but goes far beyond the time in the operating room. Our preoperative discussions provide information and answer questions, while our postoperative care aims to maintain excellent pain control. We all focus on alleviating anxiety, providing the best pain relief possible and giving autonomy to each patient.
- Fellow, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesia, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Resident, Anesthesiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, 1994
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- National Board of Echocardiography, Adult Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- American Society of Anesthesiologists