Multiple Myeloma: Choosing the Experts at Fox Chase
Multiple myeloma is a rare disease, and it is natural to have many questions after you or your loved one has received it as a diagnosis. At Fox Chase Cancer Center, we have provided a comprehensive approach to multiple myeloma diagnosis, treatment, and support for more than 100 years.
We draw upon the nationally renowned experience of our multidisciplinary medical team as we tailor a treatment plan that is unique to you. The hematology/oncology team regularly reviews new or challenging cases in depth to reach consensus on treatment options and strategies. Through this coordinated approach, we strive to provide the most thorough and personalized care, as well as access to innovative therapies and clinical trials.
Your dedicated team includes not only physicians, hematopathologists, researchers and nurses, but also nurse navigators, social workers and other specialized staff to provide further support and coping strategies. At Fox Chase, we take enormous pride in providing world-class care for our patients with multiple myeloma.
Why Choose Fox Chase for Multiple Myeloma Treatment?
- Fox Chase holds the highest designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention, and education. This means our multiple myeloma patients receive sophisticated care with a wide range of state-of-the-art treatment options.
- Our multidisciplinary team of physician leaders in the hematologic oncology field provides a full spectrum of care for every type and stage of multiple myeloma—from detection through survivorship. We are dedicated to providing exceptional care to you and your family, including state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatment, vigilant follow-up care and survivorship services, and referrals to community resources.
- Fox Chase’s specialized team of hematopathologists (pathologists who focus on blood cancers and their diagnoses) have extensive experience diagnosing the specific subtypes of multiple myeloma and other blood cancers. These specialists are not available at all healthcare centers and are a key component for accurate diagnosis of multiple myeloma.
- The Fox Chase-Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program is a national leader in performing bone marrow transplants for patients with multiple myeloma, leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood cancers and hematologic disorders.
- Fox Chase physicians conduct numerous clinical trials for new treatments, offering access to emerging therapies that may not be available elsewhere. The results of studies conducted by Fox Chase physicians and researchers have been crucial in advancing our understanding of cancer diagnosis and treatment around the world.
- Since 2000, the Fox Chase nursing department has held a Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The Magnet Recognition Program is regarded as the nation’s highest standard for excellence in nursing, with less than 10 percent of hospitals nationwide attaining this designation.
- Fox Chase physicians and investigators have received numerous awards and honors, including Nobel Prizes in medicine and chemistry. They are at the forefront of developing new treatments that can improve patient outcomes and quality of life.