John Ridge, the chief of head and neck surgery at Fox Chase, focuses on providing head and neck cancer patients with a high quality of life through radiation treatment and sometimes through chemotherapy, instead of surgery alone.
When facing head and neck cancer, where you go for care—and how quickly you are seen—can make a big difference. At the Fox Chase Cancer Center, we work with you to choose a treatment approach that offers the best chance of controlling your cancer, preserving head and neck function, and reducing the risk of recurrence.
At Fox Chase, we draw upon the nationally-recognized experience of our multidisciplinary medical team to make individualized decisions for your type and stage of head and neck cancer. The head and neck oncology team meets regularly to review new or challenging cases in-depth and reach a consensus on treatment strategies. Through this coordinated approach, we strive to offer the most thorough and personalized care as well as access to innovative therapies for your cancer.
Why choose Fox Chase?
- Highest designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention and education
- A Blue Distinction Center SM designation for head and neck cancer treatment
- Multidisciplinary team of physician leaders in the head and neck cancer field
- Full spectrum of care for head and neck cancer—from detection through survivorship
- Significant experience with open, endoscopic, laparoscopic, and robotic surgery
- Access to clinical trials for emerging and innovative therapies for head and neck cancer
- Next business-day appointments with our head and neck cancer specialists