Scot W. Ebbinghaus, MD
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
I am a medical oncologist specializing in lung cancer and genitourinary malignancies. I completed a fellowship in hematology and medical oncology in 1996 and held faculty positions at the University of Alabama-Birmingham and the University of Arizona before coming to Fox Chase Cancer Center in 2008. It is a pleasure to be on staff at the Fox Chase Cancer Center because as a free-standing cancer center, we are very patient-oriented, and our staff are focused on providing the best care for patients with cancer. Fox Chase Cancer Center integrates cutting-edge technology and clinical research with a deep compassion for patients and a commitment to excellence.
I am committed to providing my patients with the most optimal treatments available to treat their cancer. I believe as doctors we need to be honest and open with our patients regarding the diagnosis and treatment options that are available to allow patients and their families to be fully engaged and involved in making the best decisions. I also believe that my patients should have access to the latest medicines and scientifically sound clinical research studies for their cancer. I firmly believe that through research, we can cure cancer.
I encourage my patients to be optimistic, because treatment options are usually available; are better than yesterday; and will be even better in the near future.
- Fellow, Hematology/Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- MD, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, MO, 1989
- Hematology/Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society of Hematology
Renal Cell Carcinoma
Phase I Drug Development
Lung Cancer Clinical Research