Due to a system-wide technology update, we are experiencing extremely high call volume. We appreciate your patience with our operators during this time. Thank you for choosing Fox Chase Cancer Center.
Fox Chase East Norriton: What You Should Know About Our Outpatient Facility
Located on the campus of Suburban Community Hospital, Fox Chase Cancer Center East Norriton – Hospital Outpatient Center offers access to Fox Chase’s specialized team of providers in a community setting, allowing individuals to be treated closer to home.
To find out more about Fox Chase East Norriton, please see the answers to frequently asked questions below.
Q: What services are offered at Fox Chase East Norriton?
Fox Chase East Norriton currently offers:
- Surgical Consultations for Most Cancer Types: For patients who have been diagnosed with cancer, or who have received abnormal test results, Fox Chase East Norriton’s surgical oncologists offer clinical experience and comprehensive care plans.
- Consultations for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Fox Chase East Norriton offers appointments with our skilled plastic and reconstructive surgeons. These physicians address the physical changes that result from cancer treatment.
- Radiation Oncology Services: Fox Chase radiation oncologists treat all types of cancer, and offer many treatment options. Your doctor will work with you to determine the best treatment for your disease and lifestyle.
- Hematology/ Oncology Services: Fox Chase physicians treat most types of cancer and benign blood disorders. The center provides many hematology and medical oncology services, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Genetic Counseling and Testing: Genetic counseling and testing looks at genetic factors that may increase your risk of getting cancer. Individuals will meet one-on-one with a genetic counselor. The counselor will then decide if the individual should receive genetic testing. If so, the counselor will order testing, discuss the results, and discuss screening options.
- Benign Breast Disease Clinic: At Fox Chase East Norriton, our specialists evaluate, monitor and treat a variety of benign breast conditions. These may be found after individuals discover a breast lump, receive abnormal mammogram results or experience breast pain. The specific conditions and symptoms we evaluate and manage include fibroadenomas, cysts, and nipple discharge.
- Access to Clinical Trials and Research Studies: Patients at Fox Chase East Norriton can participate in clinical trials offered on-site at Fox Chase East Norriton and at Fox Chase Main Campus.
- Support Services: Fox Chase Cancer Center and Suburban Community Hospital offer a full spectrum of support services to patients treated at Fox Chase East Norriton.
- Nurse Navigation: When patients make their first appointment at Fox Chase East Norriton, one of Fox Chase’s clinically-trained nurse navigators will connect with them to:
- Make sure they are scheduled for the appropriate appointment
- Speed up their care when possible
- Answer clinical questions about their diagnosis leading up to their first appointment
- Educate them about our support services
Q: Are the doctors at Fox Chase East Norriton affiliated with Fox Chase?
All doctors at Fox Chase East Norriton are on Fox Chase Cancer Center’s medical staff. Patients being treated at Fox Chase East Norriton will receive the same quality of care as they would at our main campus.
Fox Chase East Norriton physicians also participate in Fox Chase tumor boards. During these meetings, physicians and medical professionals with different specialties review unusual and/or challenging cases. By participating in tumor boards, physicians are able to consider additional treatment options for their patients and stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in cancer care.
Q: Can current Fox Chase patients receive portions of their care at Fox Chase East Norriton?
Current patients may be able to receive portions of their care at Fox Chase East Norriton. Individuals interested in this option should consult with their Fox Chase provider.
Q: Can I have my surgical procedure performed at Fox Chase East Norriton?
At this time, all surgical procedures are performed at Fox Chase Main Campus. However, pre-surgical consultations and additional treatments (infusion, radiation, etc.) are offered at Fox Chase East Norriton.
Q: Will my insurance cover visits and procedures performed at Fox Chase East Norriton?
Services performed at Fox Chase East Norriton will be billed from Fox Chase Cancer Center. We recommend that new patients call their insurance company before their first appointment to find out if Fox Chase is part of their provider network. You can also visit our insurance and financial information page or call 215-728-3162 for more information on insurance plans accepted at Fox Chase.
Q: How do I schedule an appointment at Fox Chase East Norriton?
You can schedule an appointment for all services other than genetic counseling and testing by calling 888-369-2427 and asking for Fox Chase East Norriton. Or, you can fill out our online appointment form.
To schedule an appointment for genetic counseling and testing, call 877-627-9684.
Q: Where is Fox Chase East Norriton located?
Fox Chase East Norriton is located on the campus of Suburban Community Hospital at 2701 Dekalb Pike, East Norriton, PA 19401.
Q: How do I find directions to Fox Chase East Norriton?
Please visit our East Norriton directions page for more details.Editors Note: Updated February 28, 2020, to revise clinical trial information.
Fox Chase Cancer Center (Fox Chase), which includes the Institute for Cancer Research and the American Oncologic Hospital and is a part of Temple Health, is one of the leading comprehensive cancer centers in the United States. Founded in 1904 in Philadelphia as one of the nation’s first cancer hospitals, Fox Chase was also among the first institutions to be designated a National Cancer Institute Comprehensive Cancer Center in 1974. Fox Chase is also one of just 10 members of the Alliance of Dedicated Cancer Centers. Fox Chase researchers have won the highest awards in their fields, including two Nobel Prizes. Fox Chase physicians are also routinely recognized in national rankings, and the Center’s nursing program has received the Magnet recognition for excellence five consecutive times. Today, Fox Chase conducts a broad array of nationally competitive basic, translational, and clinical research, with special programs in cancer prevention, detection, survivorship, and community outreach. It is the policy of Fox Chase Cancer Center that there shall be no exclusion from, or participation in, and no one denied the benefits of, the delivery of quality medical care on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, age, ancestry, color, national origin, physical ability, level of education, or source of payment.
For more information, call 888-369-2427