Effective March 10, 2023, we ask all patients and visitors to park in the East Garage while the West Garage is momentarily closed. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Donald Baldwin, PhD
Associate Professor of Pathology
Molecular Diagnostics Coordinator
- Postdoctoral scientist, Disease Resistance, Pioneer Hi-Bred Int'l Inc. (DuPont), 2001
- PhD, Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1997
- BS, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 1987
- ABRF Metagenomics Research Group
- ABRF Corporate Relations Committee
- ABRF NextGen Sequencing steering committee, Experimental design coordinator
- American Society of Human Genetics
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (Chair, MicroArray Research Group, 2008-2011)
- Genome in a Bottle Consortium, Steering committee member
- Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, Editorial Board
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Outstanding Research Article, Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, 2017
- Welch Outstanding Member Award, Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities, 2015
Development, validation and clinical deployment of genomics technologies for prognostic and diagnostic tests.
Metagenomics profiling to investigate how microbiomes may influence cancer.
Integrated DNA and RNA profiling to understand cellular signaling and metabolism in cancer.
Uribe-Alvarez C., Lam Q., Baldwin D.A., Chernoff J. Low saliva ph can yield false positives results in simple rt-lamp-based sars-cov-2 diagnostic tests. PLoS One. 16(5): e0250202, 2021. PMC8099103 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/33951060.
Bukowski R, Sadovsky Y, Goodarzi H, Zhang H, Biggio JR, Varner M, Parry S, Xiao F, Esplin SM, Andrews W, Saade GR, Ilekis JV, Reddy UM, Baldwin DA. Onset of human preterm and term birth is related to unique inflammatory transcriptome profiles at the maternal fetal interface. PeerJ. 2017 Sep 1;5:e3685. doi: 10.7717/peerj.3685. eCollection 2017. PubMed
Baldwin DA, Horan AD, Hesketh PJ, Mehta S. Combined RT-qPCR of mRNA and microRNA Targets within One Fluidigm Integrated Fluidic Circuit. J Biomol Tech. 2016 Jul;27(2):75-83. doi: 10.7171/jbt.16-2702-003. Epub 2016 Mar 7. PubMed
Li S, Tighe SW, Nicolet CM, Grove D, Levy S, Farmerie W, Viale A, Wright C, Schweitzer PA, Gao Y, Kim D, Boland J, Hicks B, Kim R, Chhangawala S, Jafari N, Raghavachari N, Gandara J, Garcia-Reyero N, Hendrickson C, Roberson D, Rosenfeld J, Smith T, Underwood JG, Wang M, Zumbo P, Baldwin DA, Grills GS, Mason CE, Multi-platform assessment of transcriptome profiling using RNA-seq in the ABRF next-generation sequencing study. Nat Biotechnol. 2014 Sep;32(9):915-925. doi: 10.1038/nbt.2972. Epub 2014 Aug 24. PubMed
Baldwin DA, Feldman M, Alwine JC, Robertson ES. Metagenomic assay for identification of microbial pathogens in tumor tissues. MBio. 2014 Sep 16;5(5):e01714-14. doi: 10.1128/mBio.01714-14. PubMed
Schupp M1, Chen F, Briggs ER, Rao S, Pelzmann HJ, Pessentheiner AR, Bogner-Strauss JG, Lazar MA, Baldwin D, Prokesch A. Metabolite and transcriptome analysis during fasting suggest a role for the p53-Ddit4 axis in major metabolic tissues. BMC Genomics. 2013 Nov 5;14:758. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-14-758. PubMed
The following ratings and reviews are based on verified feedback collected from independently administered patient experience surveys. The ratings and comments submitted by patients reflect their own views and opinions. Patient identities are withheld to ensure confidentiality and privacy. Learn more about our Patient Experience Ratings.
Share with Facebook
Share with twitter
Share with email