Whether you need colon cancer screening or care for newly diagnosed colon or rectal cancer, where you go for care—and how quickly you are seen—can make a big difference. At Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, we work with you to choose a treatment approach that offers the best chance of controlling your cancer, preserving function, and reducing the risk of recurrence.
We draw upon the nationally-recognized experience of our multidisciplinary medical team to make individualized decisions for your type and stage of colon, rectal, or anal cancer. The gastrointestinal oncology team meets regularly to review new or challenging cases in depth and reach a consensus on treatment strategies. Through this coordinated approach, we strive to offer the most thorough and personalized care as well as access to innovative therapies for your cancer.
Why choose Fox Chase?
- Highest designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention and education
- Multidisciplinary team of physician leaders in the gastrointestinal field
- Full spectrum of care for colorectal cancer—from detection through survivorship
- Significant experience with open, endoscopic, laparoscopic and robotic surgery
- Access to clinical trials for emerging and innovative therapies for colorectal cancer
- Next business-day appointments with our gastrointestinal specialists
- Risk assessment of gastrointestinal cancer for the entire family, if needed