If you or your loved one has been diagnosed with leukemia, it is natural to have many concerns and questions about your next steps. At Fox Chase Cancer Center, we have provided a comprehensive approach to cancer diagnosis, treatment, and support for more than 100 years, and we have a high level of expertise and specialization in treating blood cancers like leukemia.
We draw upon the nationally renowned experience of our multidisciplinary medical team as we tailor a treatment plan that is unique to you. Our leukemia care team regularly reviews new and challenging cases in depth to reach consensus on treatment options and strategies. Through this coordinated approach, we strive to provide the most thorough and personalized care, as well as access to innovative therapies and clinical trials.
Your dedicated team includes not only physicians, researchers, and nurses, but also nurse navigators, social workers, and other specialized staff who provide emotional support and coping strategies. We work closely with you to choose the right treatment approach for your lifestyle and personal goals. At Fox Chase, we take enormous pride in providing world-class care for our leukemia patients.
Why Choose Fox Chase for Leukemia Treatment?
- Fox Chase has received the highest designation from the National Cancer Institute as a comprehensive cancer center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention, and education. This means that our leukemia patients receive sophisticated care with a wide range of state-of-the-art treatment options.
- Our multidisciplinary team of oncologists provides a full spectrum of care for every type and stage of leukemia—from detection through survivorship. We are dedicated to providing exceptional care to you and your family, including state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatment, vigilant follow-up care, referrals to community resources and support, and much more.
- The Fox Chase-Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program is a national leader in performing bone marrow transplants for patients with leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and other blood cancers.
- Fox Chase physicians conduct numerous clinical trials for the treatment of leukemia, offering access to emerging therapies that may not be available anywhere else. The results of studies conducted by Fox Chase researchers and oncologists have been crucial in advancing our understanding of cancer diagnosis and treatment around the world.
- Since 2000, the Fox Chase nursing department has held a Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet Recognition Program is regarded as the nation’s highest standard for excellence in nursing, with fewer than 10 percent of hospitals nationwide attaining this designation.
- Fox Chase physicians and investigators have received numerous awards and honors, including Nobel Prizes in medicine and chemistry. They are at the forefront of developing new cancer treatments that can improve survival rates and quality of life.
- Studies show that patients who begin treatment at a hospital that specializes in cancer, like Fox Chase, have a better chance at survival.