It’s normal to have a lot of questions. Here are some questions you may want to ask a member of your health care team before you decide.
About this trial
- Why is this trial being done?
- How long will I be in the trial?
- What kinds of tests and treatment will I receive?
- What are the possible side effects or risks of the new treatment?
- What are the possible benefits of the treatment?
- How will we know when the treatment is working?
- Who is my trial care team?
- What information will be shared with me?
- How will my information be kept private?
- What are my rights?
- Will I have to pay for any of the tests or treatments?
- What costs will my health insurance cover?
- How could the trial affect my daily life?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital or clinic?
- Will I have to travel far to take part in the trial?
Comparing Treatment Options
- What are my other treatment choices, including standard treatments?
- How does the treatment I would get in the trial compare with other treatment options?