GERD and Barrett’s Esophagus
When facing Barrett’s esophagus, where you go for care—and how quickly you are seen—can make a big difference. At Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, we work with you to choose a treatment approach that offers the best chance of controlling your condition and preserving esophageal function.
At Fox Chase, we draw upon the nationally-recognized experience of our multidisciplinary medical team to make individualized decisions for your condition. The gastrointestinal oncology team meets regularly to review new or challenging cases in depth and reach a consensus on treatment strategies. Through this coordinated approach, we strive to offer the most thorough and personalized care, as well as access to innovative therapies for your condition.
Why choose Fox Chase?
- Highest designation from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, an elite center recognized for excellence in cancer treatment, research, prevention and education
- Multidisciplinary team of physician leaders in the esophageal field
- Full spectrum of care for Barrett’s espophagus—from detection through survivorship
- Significant experience with open, endoscopic, laparoscopic and robotic surgery
- Access to clinical trials for emerging and innovative therapies for Barrett's esophagus
- Next business-day appointments with our esophageal specialists