Lili Chen, PhD
The lab uses cancer animal models, in particular prostate, head and neck, breast, lung, pancreatic, ovarian and other diseases for understanding pathogenesis and developing novel therapeutic approaches. Staff performs cancer treatment studies including radiotherapy, radio-dynamic therapy, gene therapy, chemotherapy, nanotherapy, and MR-guided high intensity focused ultrasound therapy.
- PhD, Medical Physics and Biophysics Physics Dept, Royal Marsden Hosp/Institute of Cancer Research, University of London, London, U.K., 1994
- MD, Medical University of Shanghai, Shanghai, China, 1982
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship Award AAPM, 2013;
- Who’s Who in America, 2013;
- Best paper in Physics (Therapy), Medical Physics, 2012;
- Best paper in Physics (Imaging), Medical Physics, 2012;
- AAPM/IPEM Medical Physics Travel Grant, 2009;
- LAP Award of Excellence for best radiation oncology article, ACMP, 2005
Dusica Cvetkovic, MD, MSResearch AssociateW230
Theresa Richardson, RT, (CT), (MR)Simulation TherapistP0143
Lorraine MedoroAdministrative AssistantP1096
Roohi Gupta, PhDMedical Physics ResidentP0103
Bin Wang, PhDMedical Physics ResidentP0103
Wei HeVisiting ScientistP0103
- Linac based SBRT
- Radiodynamic therapy and PET MR implementation
- Non-thermal HIFU for breast cancer
- Implementation of MRI-based treatment planning for 3DCRT and IMRT (project leader)
- MRS applications for radiotherapy (team member)
- MR-guided HIFU for cancer surgery/therapy (project leader)
- MR-guided HIFU to enhance drug delivery (project leader)
- Jian-Hua Ren, Visiting Physicist
- Peng Zhang, Visiting Radiation Oncologist
- Chunting Wang, Visiting Scientist
- Binh Nguyen, Visiting Student
- Jennifer Zhu, Visiting Research Assistant
- Elan Jones, Visiting Student
- Xiu Xu, Visiting Research Assistant
Chen Z, Ma C-M, Paskalev K, Li J, Yang J, Richardson T, Palacio L, Xu X and Chen L. Investigation of MR Image Distortion for Radiotherapy Treatment Planning of Prostate Cancer. Phys. Med. Biol 51 1393-1403 (2006).
Chen L, Price RA Jr., Wang L, Li JS, Qin L, Shawn M, Ma C-M, Freedman GM and Pollack A. MRI-Based Treatment Planning for Radiotherapy: Dosimetric Verification for Prostate IMRT. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 60(2): 636-47 (2004). PubMed
Chen L, Price RA Jr., Wang L, Li JS, Qin L, Ding M, Palacio E, T-B Nguyen, Ma C-M, Pollack A. Dosimetric evaluation of MRI-based treatment planning for prostate cancer. Phys. Med. Biol. 49: 5157-5170 (2004).
Chen L, Bouley D, Harris B, Butts K. MRI study of immediate cell viability in focused ultrasound lesions in the rabbit brain. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 13:23-30, 2001.
Chen L, Bouley D, Yuh E, D’Arceuil H, Butts K. Study of focused ultrasound tissue damage using MRI and histology. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 10:146-153, 1999.
Chen L, ter Haar G, Bensted J P M and Hill C R. Histological study of normal liver and tumour bearing treated with focused ultrasound Ultrasound Med. Biol. 25: 847-856, 1999.
Chen L, ter Haar G, Hill C R, Eccles S A, Box G and ensted J P M. Treatment of implanted rat liver tumors with high-intensity focused ultrasound. Ultrasound Med. Biol. 24: 1475-88, 1998.
Chen L, ter Haar G and Hill C R. Influence of ablated tissue on the formation of high-intensity focused ultrasound lesions. Ultrasound Med. Biol. 23:921-931, 1997. Collapse
The following ratings and reviews are based on verified feedback collected from independently administered patient experience surveys. The ratings and comments submitted by patients reflect their own views and opinions. Patient identities are withheld to ensure confidentiality and privacy. Learn more about our Patient Experience Ratings.
Share with Facebook
Share with twitter
Share with email