Lili Chen, PhD
- Request Appointment
- Clinical Locations
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Research Profile
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
- PhD, Medical Physics and Biophysics Physics Dept, Royal Marsden Hosp/Institute of Cancer Research, University of London, London, U.K., 1994
- MD, Medical University of Shanghai, Shanghai, China, 1982
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship Award AAPM, 2013;
- Who’s Who in America, 2013;
- Best paper in Physics (Therapy), Medical Physics, 2012;
- Best paper in Physics (Imaging), Medical Physics, 2012;
- AAPM/IPEM Medical Physics Travel Grant, 2009;
- LAP Award of Excellence for best radiation oncology article, ACMP, 2005
- Linac based SBRT
- Radiodynamic therapy and PET MR implementation
- Non-thermal HIFU for breast cancer
- Implementation of MRI-based treatment planning for 3DCRT and IMRT (project leader)
- MRS applications for radiotherapy (team member)
- MR-guided HIFU for cancer surgery/therapy (project leader)
- MR-guided HIFU to enhance drug delivery (project leader)
The lab uses cancer animal models, in particular prostate, head and neck, breast, lung, pancreatic, ovarian and other diseases for understanding pathogenesis and developing novel therapeutic approaches. Staff performs cancer treatment studies including radiotherapy, radio-dynamic therapy, gene therapy, chemotherapy, nanotherapy, and MR-guided high intensity focused ultrasound therapy.
- Jian-Hua Ren, Visiting Physicist
- Peng Zhang, Visiting Radiation Oncologist
- Chunting Wang, Visiting Scientist
- Binh Nguyen, Visiting Student
- Jennifer Zhu, Visiting Research Assistant
- Elan Jones, Visiting Student
- Xiu Xu, Visiting Research Assistant
Ma C-M, Chen X, Cvetkovic D, Chen L, An In-Vivo Investigation of the Therapeutic Effect of Pulsed Focused Ultrasound on Tumor Growth, Med. Phys. (2014) 41, 122901; doi: 10.1118/1.4901352. PubMed
Gupta R, Cvetkovic D, Ma CM, Chen L (2014) Targeted Approach for Prostate Cancer Treatment: Synthesis and Characterization of Docetaxel-Loaded Perfluorocarbon Nanodroplets. J Cancer Sci Clin Oncol 1(1): 102. doi: 10.15744/2394-6520.1.102.
Chen X, Cvetkovic D, Ma C-M, Chen L Quantitative Study of Focused Ultrasound Enhanced Doxorubicin Delivery to Prostate Tumor In Vivo with MRI guidance Med. Phys. 39 2780-2786 (2012). PubMed
Mu Z, Ma C-M, Chen X, Pollack A and Chen L. MR Guided Pulsed High Intensity Focused Ultrasound Enhancement of Docetaxel Combined with Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer Treatment Phys. Med. Biol. 57 535–545 (2012). PubMed
Chen L, Mu Z, Hachem P, Ma C-M and Pollack A. MR-guided focused ultrasound: enhancement of intratumoral uptake of [3H]-docetaxel in vivo Phys. Med. Biol., 55: 7399-7410 (2010). PubMed
Chen L, Paskalev K, Xu X, Zhu J, Feigenberg S, Pollack A, Hu W, Ma C-M. Prostate Cancer IMRT: Rectal Dose Variation During the Course of the Treatment in Image Guided Radiation Therapy. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 95: 198-202 (2010). PubMed
Chen L, Nguyen T-B, Jones E, Chen Z, Luo W, Wang L, Price RA, Pollack A and Ma C-M. MRI-Based Treatment Planning for Prostate IMRT: Creation of Digitally Reconstructed Radiographs (DRR). International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 68:(3): 903-11 (2007). PubMed
Chen Z, Ma C-M, Paskalev K, Li J, Yang J, Richardson T, Palacio L, Xu X and Chen L. Investigation of MR Image Distortion for Radiotherapy Treatment Planning of Prostate Cancer. Phys. Med. Biol 51 1393-1403 (2006).
Chen L, Price RA Jr., Wang L, Li JS, Qin L, Shawn M, Ma C-M, Freedman GM and Pollack A. MRI-Based Treatment Planning for Radiotherapy: Dosimetric Verification for Prostate IMRT. International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 60(2): 636-47 (2004). PubMed
Chen L, Price RA Jr., Wang L, Li JS, Qin L, Ding M, Palacio E, T-B Nguyen, Ma C-M, Pollack A. Dosimetric evaluation of MRI-based treatment planning for prostate cancer. Phys. Med. Biol. 49: 5157-5170 (2004).
Chen L, Bouley D, Harris B, Butts K. MRI study of immediate cell viability in focused ultrasound lesions in the rabbit brain. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 13:23-30, 2001.
Chen L, Bouley D, Yuh E, D’Arceuil H, Butts K. Study of focused ultrasound tissue damage using MRI and histology. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 10:146-153, 1999.
Chen L, ter Haar G, Bensted J P M and Hill C R. Histological study of normal liver and tumour bearing treated with focused ultrasound Ultrasound Med. Biol. 25: 847-856, 1999.
Chen L, ter Haar G, Hill C R, Eccles S A, Box G and ensted J P M. Treatment of implanted rat liver tumors with high-intensity focused ultrasound. Ultrasound Med. Biol. 24: 1475-88, 1998.
Chen L, ter Haar G and Hill C R. Influence of ablated tissue on the formation of high-intensity focused ultrasound lesions. Ultrasound Med. Biol. 23:921-931, 1997.