in This Section
Your First Visit
Your First Visit to Fox Chase
Read more »
Spiritual Care Support
The Pastoral Care Service of Fox Chase Cancer Center supports and participates in the mission of the hospital to reduce the burden of human suffering due to cancer. Recognizing the need for spiritual support as part of total patient care, the department's main objective is to foster a compassionate presence, provide spiritual and emotional support and encourage hope.
Commitment to Compassion, Hope and Healing
Barbara Klimowicz and Alexander Hud, the Pastoral Care staff chaplains, are available to visit patients in the hospital and the outpatient areas on a regular basis and upon request. They provide spiritual and emotional support, with a particular sensitivity and respect for one’s personal values and beliefs.
Download a PDF of the
Libro de Oraciones
The department also:
- Serves as a liaison between the hospital and outside interfaith clergy , who are available to visit those patients from their own faith backgrounds upon request. For more information, please see the Fox Chase Ministerium of Churches.
- Provides special holiday prayer services for patients, families and staff.
- Offers patients, families, and staff the opportunity to use a Quiet Room (The Chapel) for prayer and meditation.
- Maintains a Spiritual Resource Library [PDF] with musical and video selections for inpatients. The chaplaincy service also sponsors a diverse selection of inspirational videos [PDF] in the “Spirituality” category on the hospital TV Instant Healthline Educational Video-On-Demand system. These programs can be accessed from any of the patient's phones by simply dialing 8586 and following the voice prompts and menus.
- Sustains a close relationship with dedicated young men and women, who participate in joint fund raising efforts that directly benefit patient comfort care. More on Crusade for Care.
The Pastoral Care office is located on the third floor next to the Surgical Family Lounge and can be reached by calling 215-728-2944
PDF files require Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view.