Pramod Krishnamurthy, MD, MPH
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Attending Physician in Interventional Pulmonology, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Diagnostic Bronchoscopy (Flexible and Rigid): Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), TBNA and radial probe;
Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy (superDimension); Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy (AF); Transbronchial Needle Aspiration (TBNA);
Transbronchial Lung Biopsy;
Therapeutic Bronchoscopy (Flexible and Rigid): Airway Stents — Self-Expanding Metallic, Silicon and Hybrid, Placement and Removal; Balloon and Mechanical Airway Dilatation; Laser Bronchoscopy, Nd:YAG and KTP; Electrocautery; Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC); Endobronchial Brachytherapy; Photodynamic Therapy (PDT); Foreign Body Removal;
Pleural Diseases: Thoracic Ultrasound guided Thoracentesis; Indwelling Pleural Catheters (PleurX, Aspira insertion and management).
Bronchial Thermoplasty for poorly controlled asthma.
I joined Fox Chase Cancer Center in 2012 as an interventional pulmonologist because I have a special interest in pulmonary diseases in the realm of cancer and other immune-compromised conditions.
I completed a fellowship in critical care medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City following which I trained in pulmonary medicine at the world renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. During my training here, I was fortunate to learn from and work with some of the best doctors and scientists in the field of pulmonary medicine and oncology. They are role models for me not only because of their excellent clinical skills, but also for the dedicated and compassionate care they provide to their patients.
During my fellowship at Sloan Kettering, I developed a special interest in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy. Hence I decided to pursue a dedicated fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology (IP) at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, one of the earliest and well known programs in the field of IP in the United States and worldwide. With Henry Ford Hospital being a center of excellence in IP, I had the privilege to work with nationally and internationally acclaimed physicians and learn from the best doctors in the field.
IP is an exciting field with constant technological advancement. New technology is being invented frequently to help us take better care of our patients. Its applications are broad and pertinent for patients both with cancer and non-cancerous conditions. As a specialist in this field, my goal is to provide safer minimally invasive procedural options to my patients, both for the diagnosis and treatment of lung and pleural disease.
I came to Fox Chase because of its national reputation in the field of oncology and its commitment to fight cancer through compassionate patient care and research. I was impressed by its physicians and staff and their coordinated, multidisciplinary approach to patient care. As one of the only two NCI-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the region, Fox Chase is nationally known for its quality patient care, dedication and commitment to research, and advancement in the field of cancer.
My purpose here is to expand and build an IP program and, through that, provide such expertise for patients in the region who need them. I work closely with other members of the pulmonary division, thoracic surgery, radiology, oncology, pathology and radiation oncology to coordinate patient care and optimize outcomes.
It is a privilege to care for patients and I am grateful for the trust and confidence they have placed in me.
- Fellow, Interventional Pulmonology, Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2012;
- Fellow, Pulmonary Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital (Cornell Campus) Program, New York, NY, 2011;
- Fellow, Critical Care Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2008
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, New York, 2007;
- Resident, Internal Medicine, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, New York, 2006
- Medical School - Bangalore University, India 2000;
- Masters in Public Health majoring in Epidemiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX
- American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology: Board certified in Interventional Pulmonology;
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, and Critical Care
- American College of Physicians;
- American College of Chest Physicians;
- American Thoracic Society;
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
Interventional pulmonology; Endobronchial Ultrasound; Asthma and bronchial thermoplasty.