Mary Ellen Martin, MD, FACP
- Request Appointment
- Clinical Locations
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Patient Stories
- Research Profile
Fox Chase – Temple University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Program
7600 Central Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Assistant Director, Bone Marrow Transplant Program
Myelodysplasia, acute leukemia, myeloproliferative disorders and the care and management of patients undergoing stem cell transplantation.
- Clinical Fellow, Hematology and Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Research Fellow, Post-doctoral fellowship studying the Mixed Lineage Leukemia (MLL) gene in acute and secondary leukemias. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Resident, Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- MD, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
Family—always important to Frank Serianni, wife Heather and son Butch—took on new meaning after Frank was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2009 at the age of 44. Over the next four years of treatments, recurrences, complications and wholesale changes in their lives, the Seriannis came to see each other in a different light and to think of members of Frank’s medical team at Fox Chase as family, as well.
As a physician assistant for a busy oncology practice in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Heather Walters works with cancer patients every day. However, in July 2008, at the age of 29, she never imagined hearing the diagnosis of acute lymphocytic leukemia for herself. But that's exactly what happened.
Acute leukemia, Secondary leukemia, Myelodysplasia and Myeloproliferative disorders