What Makes Fox Chase Unique
Read more »
How to Apply
Apply Online, Mail, or Fax
Read more »
The purpose of this overview is to provide you with a brief description of the benefits available to the employees and prospective employees of the Fox Chase Cancer Center. The Center reserves the right to amend, modify, add or terminate any benefits at its discretion. The following benefits are provided for full time employees. Part time employees receive a modified, prorated program.
- Medical - Fox Chase Cancer Center offers employees a variety of health insurance plans to select from including Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO's), Point of Service (POS's) plans, and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO's). The Center pays the majority of the cost of your health insurance. Employees' contributions are based on the selected plan, the type of coverage, your employment type (Full Time or Part Time) and your annual salary. Domestic partner benefits are available.
- Dental - Provides full coverage for diagnostic and preventive care, and approximately 50% for other types of treatments. Fox Chase Cancer Center will pay the premium for single and family coverage for full time employees and single coverage for part time employees, with the option to purchase family coverage for eligible dependents.
Life and Disability Insurance
- Life - A generous amount of life insurance coverage is provided by the Center. Employees can purchase additional life insurance at low group rates.
- Short-Term Disability - The Center provides income replacement benefit for non-work related disabilities. Premiums are paid by the Center.
- Long-Term Disability - The Center provides income replacement benefit for disabilities greater than six consecutive months in duration. Premiums are paid by the Center.
- Sick Leave - One day per month. Twelve days per year, cumulative to 90.
- Holidays - Six (6) holidays per year.
- Personal Days - Six (6) personal days per year.
- Vacation - There is a generous allowance of paid vacation time.
- Leave for Military Service, Jury Duty and Bereavement.
- Tuition Assistance Program - Tuition assistance is available for full time and part time employees for job related courses at an accredited educational institution.
- Scholarship Program for Dependent Children - The Center provides a substantial annual tuition benefit for each dependent child. The tuition benefit is based on a 4-year undergraduate program at an accredited educational institution.
- Day Care Center - The Center operates its own nationally accredited early childhood developmental day care center at two sites near campus. Tuition is based upon age of children and on salary level and is subsidized by the Center.
- Professional Development - Technical and Non-Technical training programs are offered to all employees. These programs offer professional development in areas ranging from job specific to fundamental business to leadership skill techniques.
Financial Planning Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account - A benefit that allows employees to pay for health premiums, unreimbursed medical, dental and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Retirement Plan - Fox Chase Cancer Center provides a retirement program for full time employees and part time employees working at least half time. The Center matching contributions are based on individual contributions and subject to the maximum compensation limits as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Other Financial Services:
- Direct Deposit - Payroll is handled via direct deposit to any accepting financial institution of your choice.
- Credit Union - Employees are eligible to enroll in the American Heritage Federal Credit Union, the Center sponsored Credit Union.
- ATM - For your convenience, an ATM machine is located next to Karen's Corner Gift Shop on the first floor of the Cancer Prevention Pavilion.
Health and Wellness
- Employee Assistance Program - A pre-paid employee assistance program is available to employees and household members. This program is a confidential resource for advice, referrals, and information that can help save time, relieve stress and balance work and family obligations.
- Brown Bag Seminars
Lunchtime seminars covering a variety of work/life topics are offered monthly.
- Weight Watchers
- Smoking Cessation
- US Postage Stamps - Stamps are sold throughout the Center on a daily basis for your convenience.
- "Afternoon Tea" - enjoy the decades old tradition of tea and cookies in the cafeteria every afternoon.
- On-Site Sales - Throughout the year vendors visit the Center to sell various products including: Arts and Crafts, Book Sales, Luggage and Handbags, Jewelry, Name Brand clothes and coats, cell phones and services and other products.
- Computer Purchase Programs - Staff can purchase desktop and notebook computers as well as printers, software, digital cameras and other products. The Center is offered special discounts and promotions not offered to the general public by three leading computer vendors.